Monday, February 06, 2012

Random Thoughts

* Went to my first Clippers game of the season last week when LA hosted Memphis. The Grizzlies were rocking old school yellow & green ABA uniforms that were almost as hideous as some of the jump shots...

* I've been going to Clippers games for a few years now and the crowd has never been more into the game on a minute-by-minute basis. Chris Paul, Blake Griffin and his Lob City cohorts have certainly infused life to the Staples Center. Tickets are getting harder to come by as well...

* Looks like the Mariners will sign Hong-Chih Kuo to solidify the bullpen. Seattle's offseason has been a series of small moves and one massive blockbuster. I need more time to think about the Jesus Montero-Michael Pineda swap but I'm coming around to it. Soon I'll throw up my annual offseason grades for the M's with more details.

* What an amazing Super Bowl XLVI. Congrats to the Giants. That pass from Eli Manning. The catch by Mario Manningham! Probably better than David Tyree's helmet grab. Really feel for Tom Brady and Robert Kraft. I don't like the Patriots but they're classy guys. Can you believe the NFL almost locked out this season?

No comments: